Saturday 12 February 2011

So I awoke at 7 a.m. and it was warm outside ... and the sun was just rising over the horizon. I swam 30-lengths and played 40 minutes of tennis before a breakfast of fruit, smoked salmon & scrambled egg and hot coffee. I then wrote a chapter of my travel book before settling down for a mid-morning nap. After lunch of pizza and fries, I played a round of golf where I broke 100 (which for me is like winning The Open!). Early evening was spent in the bar with friends -- a fine pinot noir and a small Davidoff cigar. I thoroughly enjoyed my supper - escargots in garlic butter with fresh bread and another glass of red wine. A large single malt and an after dinner mint later, I was tucked up in bed ... dreaming of my next day in Paradise.

OK - so little of this happened today. How I wish it had ...

I awoke at 5 a.m. and could not get back to sleep. It rained ... and I had so much work to do that I missed lunch. No golf, tennis or swim. Have got fish fingers (fish sticks) for supper ... which WILL be washed down with a fine pinot! Ha!




Hopefully I will get to sleep early and dream of Paradise ...
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv