Thursday 24 February 2011

Good morning!

It's 5 a.m. here in Malaysia. I have only just got to the diary from yesterday ...

Had a wonderful - if not rather hot & sweaty day.

First up, a cooking masterclass with Chef Ann (Executive Chef). She took me down to the local village - Dungun - to the fish market to choose some "queen" prawns for the dish. They were not as large as king ... but too large to be a regular prawn!

Anyway, back at the resort we created a typical Malay dish. When I say "we", I mean "her" by the way! Yum!

After lunch we drove 45 minutes to Bukit Besi Golf Club. The first club in Malaysia was formed in only 1980 ... and there are now 17 Championship and 297 regular courses in the country. This a large number for a small market. The reason? The Japanese! It is cheaper to play here than Japan so it's a great boost for tourism.

Anyway, I played my round with one of the club's committee members Mr Zul. We had fun! It was rather humid ...

We all had dinner on the beach last night which was fabulous!

So much left to do but it's all good ...







 
blogger template powered by fraktiv