Tuesday 15 February 2011

It's been a full FIVE days since I have stepped into a hotel! I feel ... rather ... lost. My excuse is that I have been tied to my desk preparing for Malaysia and Hong Kong.

Every year we look at how we can move with technology and this year we have gone "tapeless". No more physical tapes as everything is recorded on digital cards. Everything is backed up on drives and delivered to Oli (the editor) on 10 little rectangles of plastic - albeit expensive rectangles!

I have finally got to grips with my new Leica camera ... I think. Poor Moo has been followed about the house all day by the puparazzi (!) ... she is NOT amused. I have some fabulous pictures of her which can only be published after I broker a deal with her agent!!

In the UK we have this music website called Spotify -- it's a bit like iTunes -- but much better (as it's not "i"). I found a few recordings today which took me on a huge Memory Lane trip. My favourite concert of all time - and I have to tell you, I am a live-music junkie - was Sammy Davis Jr, Frank Sinatra and Liza Minnelli ... in 1992. It was a wonderfully surreal evening with sets from Tom Jones, Charles Aznavour and Jerry Lewis ... and of course headlined by a couple of the greatest musical artists that ever lived ... can you imagine if Elvis and Dean Martin were there (maybe they sing together in Heaven) ...? Phew ...


Another miserable day weather-wise ... grrrr ... 
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv