Saturday 28 January 2012

I am the victim of culinary abuse ... and I liked it! I have just had a TEN course meal at Blue - the signature restaurant here at The Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman. I usually would not enjoy a meal like that but Eric Ripert (famous US chef) has done a great job to make the food ... awesome. There was also a wine-pairing with each course ... I couldn't cope but Laura, Tim and even Jack were up to the task.

It's been an odd day ... as this afternoon, my work was "cancelled" as the chef was ill.

The morning was spent at Naturally Cayman ... the country's first hydroponic farm ... owned by Stephen Herron. He grows lettuces, green, tomatoes, endemame ... and all sorts ... with no soil, just water and liquid nutrients ...

The island of Grand Cayman is around 200 square kilometres in area with a population of 60,000 ... 99.9% of all produce is imported from the US ... but hopefully this new way of farming will catch on and the islanders will embrace hydroponic produce.

I am so tired ... sleep ... BIG day tomorrow.
 on the beach
 really?

 with stephen
 pooch on ritz-carlton beach recliner
jack's new friend (he wishes!)
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv