Monday 16 January 2012

Boot Camp Day 3:

Ouch, ouch, ouch and ouch!

Despite the pain - I am having a fabulous time here at Champneys. There are 20 of us on the course and we seem to have gelled quite nicely. I like that.

So - up very early again and into the gym for circuits ... by 0915, we had eaten breakfast and were "playing games" on the tennis court! By games I mean charging about throwing balls at each other!

Aquafit in the pool was enlightening ... and my arms are in deep, deep pain ...

After a low calorie lunch (I am on 1700 calories a day) it was a 5-mile gallumping around the area. I loved it - it was chilly, dry, sunny ... and ... perfect ... I think I like walking!

We had a nutrition lesson as well today and were taught how to prepare "Bliss Balls" ... which are a very healthy alternative to chocolates, crisps or biscuits ...

--- 250g rolled oats
--- 150g dried fruit (chopped)
--- 1 tablespoon of nut butter (peanut?)
--- 100ml of soya milk
--- 100g pumpkin & sunflower seeds
--- coconut flakes to coat

mix ... roll into small balls ... put in fridge ... YUM!

I think that I may try this one at home myself!!!

One highlight of the day - seeing I was of Indian extraction - one of the world's most famous boxers (who was working out in the gym here) shouted out "How ya' doin' Chief?" - how I giggled ...
3 Week Beard ...
Brrrrrrrr!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv