Thursday 19 January 2012

Boot Camp Day 6:

Zumba! Now this is one "sport" I never expected to try!

Up and in a stretch class at 0700. Not bad ... No real pains ... then at 0830, it was the Zumba class. I have two left feet ... and two left hands ... which means that ANY kind of dancing is an issue for me. Zumba is no different. Karen the instructor shimmied into studio - played all her best Ricky Martin, Shakira and Cuban tracks ... and danced in a weirdly workouty kind of way. We all followed like lambs ... (hmmm ... lamb ....) - some of the class had rhythm ... same (like me) jumped around like angry fleas. It did bring me out in a wee sweat though ...

Next up - fun on the tennis courts. Circuits and games ...

We then had a motivation talk ... it was ... erm ... motivating?

Spinning - now this is another activity new to me this week. I spun for an hour which equates to the "calories" in a bottle of wine ... the only issue is that we don't get wine here! I sweated like a goat in a desert. My legs were in a bad state after this BUT I still had some energy left for a 5 mile walk after lunch (which I didn't finish as it tasted ... grim ... and I am actually so hungry at the moment that I would even eat my own cooking!).

I slipped out of Pilates - it was rather too intellectual for me - but ended the day working out under water ... in the pool that is ...

I AM BEYOND EXHAUSTED!
Dancing with Karen - I do NOT move like Jagger ... more like King Kong ...
Celine points out that I have grown a beard and now look like a gorilla on a bicycle ... Jacqui stop waving!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv