Tuesday 18 January 2011

Regular readers of the Daily Diary will know that I love flying Air New Zealand. I was introduced to the airline by my dear friend Gary Kershaw. Gary and I have spent much time together ... mostly smoking cigars and drinking whisky it has to be admitted but there will be no time for that anymore. He has just been appointed UK Manager for South African Airways ... so if ever you have an issue with that airline, you know who to contact now! Ha!

I am personally pleased as this means cheap flights (I hope) to get on my favourite kind of holiday - SAFARI ...

Today is Winnie the Pooh Day! 18th January marks the birthday of AA Milne - the author. I am a HUGE fan of Pooh and have been since I was a wee nipper. I am not so happy about the Disneyfication but I suppose it means that Mr Pooh, Tigger, Kanga, Roo, Christopher, Eeyore and Wol (sic) are household names now because of it ...

I am back on the road tomorrow for day 1 of my latest adventure ...

Finally, the funniest story of the day which involves a cat and Jury Service.

A cat has been summoned to do jury service, even after his owners told the court he was "unable to speak and understand English".

Anna Esposito, wrote to Suffolk Superior Crown Court in Boston, US, to explain that a mistake had been made, but a jury commissioner replied saying the cat, named Tabby Sal, "must attend" on March 23.

Mrs Esposito had included a letter from her vet confirming that the cat was "a domestic short-haired neutered feline".

Tabby Sal had been entered by Mrs Esposito under the 'pets' section of the last census. "When they ask him guilty or not guilty? What's he supposed to say - miaow?" She said.

"Sal is a member of the family so I listed him on the last Census form under pets but there has clearly been a mix-up."

A website for the US judicial system states that jurors are "not expected to speak perfect English".

My mittens has been bugging me all day for a ticket to fly to the US. She likes the idea of jury duty!
I want my hunny!
Gary - call Mr Kershaw
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv