Thursday 13 January 2011

the "hidden" spa
garden bench - i would love one at home
or muddy gucci slingbacks ...
coworth park
hmmm - even my mercedes cruise-control could not work this one out ...


There are now an abundance of great English country house hotels on offer. Lime Wood, Chewton Glen, Summer Lodge, Four Seasons - Hampshire to name but four. Today I visited a new one - Coworth Park. This was once the residence of Prince Jefri of Brunei - now it's Coworth Park - part of the Dorchester Collection. It's just down the road from Wentworth Golf Club (where incidently I learnt how to play golf ...  and I use the term play very loosely).

I was there for lunch to meet His Royal Highness Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah - the Sultan of Pehang state in Malaysia & his wife - the Sultanah. We are filming in Pehang next month and although he is 80 years old, he is still very personally involved in tourism ... and he is helping us pre-produce the Malaysia episode. It's going to be good!

Coworth Park is contemporary chic in a countryside setting. The Grove in North London - while having a superb golf course - has not met expectations with this style. But the Dorchester Collection rarely disappoints so it will be interesting to see how this one goes.

Sadly the weather today was gloomy and I was there for lunch - not there for a hotel visit ... which I will do soon! The Spa looks intriguing ...

Lunch - the carrot bhaji starter was SUPERB! My pasta main course was covered in foam ... which made me think of Tim the Cameraman. Hmmm ...

Anyway - home now and off to bed as I am still feeling decidedly under the weather.
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv