Saturday 29 January 2011

I have always thoroughly enjoyed my visits to Egypt - whether it be filming trips or private holidays. We announced last December that we are filming an episode there this year and I still very much hope it happens.

There is no doubt that after 30 years in power, President Mubarak needs to step down and let the country have REAL democracy ... and I think that after what happened in Tunisia, he will. I just feel that the way he is trying to hold on to power - by ordering military action against the protesters is just wrong - plain & simple. The Pharaohs ruled Egypt in this way ... but that was thousands of years ago.

In this day & age, you just cannot simply try and crush the will of the people without consequences.

I have many friends working in Egypt ... in Cairo, Sharm El Sheikh and along the River Nile. I hope and pray that they are all okay.

Egypt depends heavily on its tourism industry ... and this political mess needs a swift conclusion so that the hotels, resorts & restaurants can once again welcome foreign guests ...

Some of the things I love about Egypt:

 PYRAMIDS at GIZA (Cairo)
 SPHINX at GIZA
 KOM OMBO
 VALLEY OF THE KINGS
SARCOPHAGUS OF KING TUTANKHAMEN - CAIRO MUSEUM
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv