Monday 17 May 2010

OK - I am finally home!

Arrived at 0230 after an aircraft delay (surprise, surprise) ... a 1-mile queue for immigration at the airport ... and lost luggage! The boys flew home this afternoon and arrived safely(just one aborted landing!). We beat the ash cloud!

Not much to report today except that I am pooped and have caught up on sleep, emails and post. My lovely scarves from Avoca arrived ... watch out for those on the show and diary.

I did receive a rather interesting email from a company that is basically selling "internet postcards". You send them the photo and words ... they print ... and post for you! CRAZY! I send 35 (no more, no less) postcards from every location I go to. Recipients include friends, family, hoteliers .. and even a couple of pups in Canada ... the list changes occasionally ... but only by 10% every 6 months. I LOVE sending these postcards! It takes an hour to write to them but it's my way of keeping in touch ... and I know that the recipients enjoy a handwritten postcard among the bills and junk mail! Postcards ... rule! Internet postmails do not.

I have a few days at home now ... late next week, it's Prague! Yay!

Song of the Day: Happy - Rolling Stones
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsZ0UKVhRAY

Weather: Cold but bright!

a lovely Modernist sculpture at MNAC in Barcelona!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv