Sunday 16 May 2010

Greetings from Barcelona Airport. I have caught an early flight home as I am worried about the ash-cloud! Fingers crossed that I actually make it ...

Awesome last day filming. Checked out early from La Florida. What a lovely property. The staff, the service, the facilities, the views ... ALL superb!

SO -first thing we headed down to MNAC - National Museum of Catalunyan Art - my favourite museum in the City. It tells the history of Catalunya for 1000 years ... ending around 1940. Met with the lovely Mai Felip who showed me round the halls. Fabulous Romanesque art ... and superb Modernist art ... yes, there are works by Picasso and Gaudi ... BUT the Casas really caught my eye.

From there we drove the 30 minutes to Circuit de Catalunya - home to the Spanish Grand Prix - held in May - the first race in the European calendar (it was last Sunday). First met with the Operations Manager Ramon Orriols ... for a quick chat about the track before I was allowed to drive a Lamborghini at great speed round it - under the expert guidance of Pro-driver, Jordi Fuset.

I drove fast!

A highlight was also getting a ride in an Ariel - a British open-top sports car. 0 to 60 mph in ... 2.2 seconds! It was a hair-raising experience! Thank you Gabriel Manzanera!

The sun shone ALL day ... and now I am off home! Yay!

Tonight Barcelona FC may win the Spanish League ... oooh!

Song of the Day: Barcelona - F. Mercury and M. Caballe
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztqcuawqi34

Weather: Lambo-yellow!

Our wonderful and lovely guide for the whole week - Lucia Burbano! She is funny & knowledgeable! THANK YOU Birdie!


Mai





Ramon
Jordi
Is that an F1 I spy?



My boys!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv