Wednesday 26 May 2010

Greetings from Cardiff – the capital of Wales!

I have had a mixed day …

It started with a lovely drive to Bristol which for those who don’t know is a large but pretty city in the South West of England.

From here I drove to Cardiff. There is a toll bridge over the River Severn - £5.50 … US$8. I did ask why I was paying for the honour of visiting Wales and the toll-attendant said it was because the Welsh are such lovely people!

I did have a haircut in Cardiff which was a huge mistake. The twenty-one year old hairdresser (who had been cutting hair for 5 years) has – erm – created issues on my head! It’s very uneven and chunks of hair are “missing”. I am not sure if it’s fashionable or I just had a girl who isn’t very good at cutting hair! Hmmmm …

Anyway – why am I in Cardiff? To see Mark Knopfler – the Dire Straits lead-singer fellow. Last time I was at the Cardiff International Arena, I saw Simple Minds (another 80’s favourite of mine). Then, I drank 10 pints of beer and the whole evening was a forgettable (but highly entertaining) rampage!

Tonight was a much more sullen affair.

He came in and sat down on a high chair … something to do with a trapped nerve. While he did play with great gusto – there was something quite big missing … heart. I was quite disappointed … but for two hours, I was dragged back into the 80’s – the best decade EVER! I wish he played “Money for Nothing”. It & “Don’t you forget about Me” were part of the soundtrack of my 80’s …

Hmmm ….

Song of the Day: MONEY FOR NOTHING – Dire Straits
http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&client=mv-google&hl=en-GB&v=dlPjxz4LGak

Weather: Grizzly




 
blogger template powered by fraktiv