Friday 14 May 2010

Greetings from Gran Hotel La Florida – high up on Mount Tibidabo!

It’s been a rather strangely wonderful day!

I – sadly – checked out of Hotel Arts. It has been my “home” for many years here in Barcelona … I have always been comfortable & comforted there.

The weather this morning was atrocious! It was raining so heavily that I was sure that the sea level was rising! We did have a full day of filming features planned and we hurriedly (& thankfully) rescheduled them for Sunday! Phew! One of the features WILL be awesome!

We drove round the city in the pouring rain! On a sad note, I did pop into my (ex-) favourite cigar shop in Barcelona. The “old man” who used to run it has retired and sadly, the new owner lacks his charm and hospitality. I will not be going back there. I am so lucky that the two gentlemen who run Davidoff in London are among the greatest people in my life and indeed the world.

SO – I am here – and I have a great view over the whole of Barcelona. I can even see my suite at Hotel Arts – although it is MANY, MANY kilometres away!

I have a stunning suite in La Florida – which I will give you more details of tomorrow.

The rain did stop after lunchtime and the boys filmed the hotel in much detail. We filmed a quick feature in the spa – namely Sparience. It’s a giant bubble which is filled with 99.5% oxygen … you sit in there for 23 minutes and are given reflexology! It was rather special and rather relaxing!

I then had a refreshing swim, followed by a wonderful massage. My masseuse used warm oil … and applied just the “right” pressure. Heaven!

OK – time for sleep …

It’s an early start in the morning and I understand the weather for this weekend is SUPERB!

Song of the Day: Would I Lie to You? – Charles & Eddie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-nSdyHhZeM

Weather: Yuk!


Gran Hotel La Florida
My O2 arena!
with Claudia ...
the lovely indoor pool!
I LOVE IT!
Entrance to hotel

Staircase ...
The bar with lovely bar staff ..
Water art
Gloria Anglora - Director of Sales & Marketing ... and our chaperone!
James playing with the Leica!

The King ...
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv