Thursday 3 September 2009

September the 3rd ... and I am sitting here at my desk at Cape Kidnappers, Hawke's Bay on the North Island of New Zealand!

It's been a quite bizarre day. We landed at Auckland Airport at around 0515 ... after clearing Customs & Immigration, we caught the 0800 to Napier - a one hour flight. So, in total, I have spent 26 hours in the air in the past two days and tomorrow at 0700 we start filming! We flew by MY world's favourite airline - Air New Zealand ... fabulous, fabulous service!

OK - so I still cry on long-haul flights! This time, it was some terrible Jennifer Aniston movie in which the pooch dies. I blubbed like a baby ... oh dear, I am teary even thinking about it.

The first afternoon at Cape Kidnappers has been fun. I managed to get a quick 9-holes on the golf course - which is rated in the top 30 in the world - and received an awesome massage from Michele - the spa manager!

Now, a wee bit of food, postcards writing and some good sleep and I should be a happy fellow tomorrow.

Song of the Day: Just the Way you Are - Barry White
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-ItFW11Qsg&feature=related

Weather: Cold & rainy ...

!!!!!!!!
arrival at auckland airport
cloudy country ...
airport - 45 minutes from cape kidnappers ...
tee off on THE golf course!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv