Wednesday 16 September 2009

Greeting from Eichardt's in Queenstown. Back here before we leave tomorrow - the boys to Auckland & then London and me to Auckland for a night (Mollies) then to Vancouver!

SO - left Blanket Bay after breakfast. I left the curtains open last night - the view was staggering this morning - simply divine! I loved Blanket Bay - yes, the views & location - but also the people, the food and the air. The stars at night are as spectacular as I have ever seen ...

SO - back in Queenstown and after quickly checking in to our lovely hotel, we headed up to the Skyline ... and into the capable hands of Kellie Goodwin. The Skyline has a gondola which climbs 450 metres above Queenstown, the luge - which I didn't try, the Kiwi Haka, bungy and restaurants.

First up, we took the gondola up, up and away! The views over Lake Wakatipu and Queenstown are awesome! Loved it!

Then we were treated to traditional Maori singing, dancing and stories. The group performed the poi and powhiri just for me. It was wonderful ... and quite moving.

It's the last night for the whole Inside Luxury Travel team in New Zealand ... and we are going out with the GM of Eichardt's to eat, drink and be rather merry - so all will be perrrrrrrfect!

Song of the Day: My Lovin' - En Vogue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpugp6DIb3I

Weather: Cold cloudy ... warm cloudy ... warm no clouds ... cold no clouds ...


a view i will miss at blanket bay
kellie goodwin
up high above queenstown
maori magic
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv