Friday 18 September 2009

I have just had a 30 hour day!

So - this morning, I checked out of the lovely Mollies. Another sad farewell to Joanna and her lovely staff.

Another reason why I love Air New Zealand ... at the lounge at Auckland airport, you can receive complimentary massages! I had not one .. but two! The flight was painless. The service was - as usual - unpretentious and genuine. I left Auckland at 8 pm ... and arrived at Vancouver at 2 pm ... same day! Most bizarre ... but actually quite positive.

It is just a 5 minute drive from the airport to the helicopter terminal ... and suddenly I was on my way to the Sonora Island Resort. 45 minutes later, I arrived and was checked into Eagle Rock where I stayed last time I was here - filming.

I am so incredibly honoured to be back here ... it IS undoubtedly in my top three locations in the world.

Tonight I am sitting in front of the television with pizza and a G&T - can life get any better?

New Zealand really did it for me. It was hard work ... the toughest we have had to film this year. I LOVED the South Island ... it's my kind of place: beautiful vistas, hotels and people!

I do need sleep. I have had a lovely massage but tomorrow it's early morning black bear watching!

Song of the Day: Addicted to Love - Robert Palmer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0U5JfGYx4c

Weather: Clear at 35,000 feet!


welcome
my "cab" from vancouver to sonora
NZ84 from the sky (hmmm ... i need photography lessons!)
sonora from the sky (ditto with lessons!)
pizza ...yummy yummy!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv