Monday 21 September 2009

Greetings from my favourite hotel room in the world. I am at the Beverly Wilshire (Four Seasons) in the suite which Warren Beatty lived in for nearly a decade!

Today has been a roller-coaster of emotions. I got up early and packed - preparing to leave Sonora. From nowhere Lucky & Shadow turned up on my deck and insisted on ear-licks, tummy tickles and general puppy-love. They knew I was leaving, Shadow is very old & wonky now ... I fear that this is the last time I may see this lovely pup - and that makes me feel very sad indeed.

I left the island with a very heavy heart. Of all the travelling I have done, there are very few places that have made me feel so at peace. Sonora just does it for me. It could be the staff ... it could be the location ... it could be nature ... or it could be the whole lovely package.

Vancouver Airport was a shambles. It took around 2.5 hours to get to my plane ... after a scrum through security and customs & immigration. No time for a cigar browse at Duty Free ... no time to buy a bottle of water ... just rush, rush, push, push ... awful.

The Air Canada flight was quite forgettable. Arrived at LAX and was driven up to the BW where my lovely friend Jennifer was there awaiting for me ...

I have a few days here ... meetings and sunbathing. Saying that, I can't wait to get home ...

Song of the Day: Hotel California - The Eagles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxxPLW1LuQE

Weather: Lookin' Good

shadow - love
lucky - love
view from the heli
vancouver from the heli
next stop
the legendary BW welcome ...
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv