Friday 4 September 2009

I am totally exhausted - it's been a rather busy & rather tough day ...

I did sleep okay last night - but got rather chilly at around 3am ... never good.

Up at 6 for a 7 breakfast with the boys who were strangely bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.

After meeting the fabulous pup Babou for a morning face-lick, we filmed around the front of the property. The Farm - Cape Kidnappers is a 6,000 acre working sheep & cattle farm. I can hear the maa, baa and moo noises all day ... it's just lovely.

There are 22 suites and 4 rooms on this property. I am in a Lodge Suite - the largest at 65 square metres in size. There's a fabulous bathroom, changing room, wet bar with complimentary soft drinks, bedroom with large comfy bed, open fire and television hidden behind a large poster frame! The views are stunning - the Bay, the Ocean ... the hills and the golf course.

Jay Robertson is the GM/Managing Director and I interviewed him about the property ... he has come down from the sister hotel - Kauri Cliffs ... he's a native New Yorker but now also an honourable New Zealander!

After lunch we headed down to the golf course and the resident Pro, John Buddenhagen took us round the course. The vistas from especially the back 9 are ENORMOUS! That's my excuse for some pretty mediocre play - the views were putting me off! The 13th hole - a par 3 - was the exception!

Finally I cooked a lamb dish with head chef Dale Gartland. I am "off" lamb ... but it smelt yum and both Tim & James said it tasted delicious ...

The weather today has been bonkers. It has rained, hailed, snowed, sleeted, shined ... just crazy ... it has been cold throughout and my bones ache!

The one bright spark of the day has been Julia - the Assistant GM who has helped us get everything just right ... with a smile permanently attached to her face! Thank you Julia ...

Song of the Day: Unfinished Sympathy - Massive Attack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLMkoKAJ-jA

Weather: Four Seasons

breakfast with bert & ernie ....

a kiss & a cuddle with babou

my bathroom - heated floor .... hmmmmmm :)

wet bar ...
the big bed
hail hail go away!
my view - hawke's bay ...

GM - jay robertson
head chef - dale gartland
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv