Thursday 24 September 2009

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened - Dr. Seuss
I am sitting up at the airline lounge at LAX waiting for my ride home. I have that very odd/strange/queasy feeling. I am excited to get home and see my family BUT it also means the end of another wonderful adventure - New Zealand ... Canada & the States. But it's not the places I will miss, it's the people along the way. Victoria in Queenstown, Joanna in Auckland, Jennifer in LA, Gena from Santa Barbara, Wendy, Lucky & Shadow from Sonora - to name a few ... the full list is actually quite long!

Last night was a blast. Jenn from the Beverly Wilshire & Gena from The Biltmore in Santa Barbara decided to show me LA ... we started off at the hotel bar - BLVD - for drinks - and a wee pack of cocker spaniels stopped by for a cuddle - which was fabulous! Then we headed down to Hollywood and Street. This new restaurant basically features "street" food from around the world - panni puri, skewers, Croatian pasties, noodles etc etc. It was quite good ...

Then we went to "My House" - this hip-hop happenin' nightclub ... where the music was ear-bleedingly loud, drinks expensive, the clothing minimal, the queues horrendous (no fear - we were red carpeted) and the all people were beautiful. We had loads of fun ... and Baby-G and J-C were - as ever - perfect companions. I also now know what BFF is ... and other interesting colloquialisms!

Home quite late. Very sad farewells this morning ...

I am back in the US in early October to film in Chicago.

SO - today, packed and here I am ... in 12 hours time, I will be having my ears washed by Gemima! Yay!

Song of the Day: The Heat is On - Glenn Frey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYIUhi-Ybi4

Weather: Beautiful


my towelling robes!
cocker spaniel puptastic
dinner
jenn & gena
j-c & baby g
with Mr Brick (the bouncer)
my ride home

!!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv