Wednesday 3 October 2012


That’s a wrap …

The fortnight of Far East filming has come to an end. Today is the last day in Vietnam and we fly home tomorrow.

Can Tho is the 4th largest city in Vietnam … and my hotel is the only luxury hotel here. The Victoria Can Tho was opened in 1998 – and has 92 rooms including 8 Victoria suites. I am staying in one of those … as is Tim! The hotel makes a mean pizza … and there’s a great spa (massage …), and it even has its own boat – the Lady Hau.

I am feeling much better today which is rather positive.

Yesterday we filmed the whole property … which included an interview with the General Manager – Vo Xuan Thu – who worked her way to the top!

The hotel is situated on the banks of the Mekong River. It’s 4350 kms in length – starts in China and meanders through Myanmar, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia and finally Vietnam.

Can Tho is the main city closest to the Mekong Delta … just 90 kms from here.

The city is famous for a “floating market” … which we visited this morning in the Lady Hau … an old Vietnamese rice boat. Can Tho is the “rice bowl” of Vietnam … and I also learnt how rice noodles are made.

My guide Nghia has been most helpful today.

It’s been a couple of amazing weeks – while I am sad it’s over, I am also pleased to escape the monsoon-uncertainty of filming this show.

Home soon …

Song of the Day: Talking In Your Sleep – The Romantics

 With the hotel Pet - a water buffalo called Bravo ... 
 I take control of the Lady Hau
 With Thu - the hotel General Manager
 On the Mekong
With my guide Nghia
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv