Tuesday 21 February 2012

Still here - Istanbul - at the Four Seasons, Sultanahmet.


Firstly, an apology. For some reason, my computer has decided to force me to write my Diary in a different way and it is driving me MAD!


Secondly, http://www.compasscayman.com/caycompass/2012/02/21/Cayman-is-top-for-luxury-travel/#.T0O-UQbeBm8.twitter


Thirdly, my day ... Breakfast at the hotel with Aysegul. She was my guide when we filmed here in 2010 and she generously offered to show me around again! So we scooted from the Haghia Sofia to the Grand Bazaar to the Spice Market and Suleymaniye Mosque. We walked and took photos for four wonderful hours in the bright sunshine ... it was quite chilly though. I didn't buy anything BUT we did stop off for a "boza" ... the local drink ... which I did not enjoy ... but we both appeared on the "national news" slurping the drink as a news crew did a live broadcast just as we sat down! I joke not ...


After a quick lunch at the hotel - I took a boat over the Bosphorus to have a look at the other Four Seasons hotel here in the city which is on the "other side" of the strait. It's contemporary ... very different to the one I am staying at ...


Pizza for dinner in my room! A GREAT DAY ... but I am rather tired ... to bed for me!





 
blogger template powered by fraktiv