Friday 3 February 2012

I have never hid the fact that I have fallen in love with Hungary - the people, the cuisine, the Tokaji Imperial, the sights, the sounds, the hotels ... and the national airline. Well, I am very sad to report that Malev stopped flying today after 66 years of continuous service. The country is in a desperate financial state and it seems that Malev is among the casualties. I have made some lovely friends at the airline and I am hoping for all their sakes that Malev flies again ... soon ...

It's cold here ... - 8 degrees C this morning ... but I have received emails from friends from around the world telling me that it is down to - 35 where they are! Nothing compares to my - 140 at Champneys last week! Ha! But still ... - 45 is not a fun number. To think, earlier this week in Grand Cayman it was 28 degrees ... boohoohoo!

The weekend is here. I have so much work to do ... I need a full time assistant ...
Yes - that's me ... inside an engine ... at the airport in Budapest ...
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv