Tuesday 5 April 2011

Greetings from Denis Island ... a one-night stopover ... I am here to do some diving and mainly for a "secret" project which we at ILT are yet to unveil.

Ah - the Leica blog - where was I? The answer: http://bit.ly/h94J5X ... please tell me my photography is getting better!

I don't do "requests" but a friend has asked me to highlight - http://www.onedaywithoutshoes.com/. It's celebrated today and reminded me a lot of my visit to a school in Phinda (KwaZulu Natal, South Africa) last year where there were little school kids running around without shoes ... anyway, please click the link ...

SO - boohoohoo - checked out of my Four Seasons suite ... said goodbye to Alastair and Katharina and hopped onto an inter-island Air Seychelles flight to Denis. It was just 30 minutes and was actually quite cool, calm and entertaining!

Checked in and immediately headed out onto the Indian Ocean with Divemaster - Mr Ted Charles. Not only is he a great dive-buddy, he is a fabulous underwater cameraman too! I saw fish (!), white tipped sharks, Hawksbill turtles and a white lobster ... and before you ask, I did NOT catch it, sautee it lightly with garlic butter and enjoy with fries, ketchup and a flute of fresh Dom Perignon Rose 1974 ...

On board the Air Seychelles hopper to Denis Island
"into the sea .. you and me ..."
Had problems equalising ... my eustachian tubes are still bunged up ... grrrr
James to the rescue with a much needed Coke ... now THAT is service!
Ted Charles ...

Tomorrow we are off to Praslin ... via Mahe to Raffles ... have heard much ... curious AND excited!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv