Tuesday 26 April 2011

Back in 2007, my dear friend Paul suggested that we should run the London Marathon. I hastily agreed and put in many, many hours running around Battersea Stadium. A few months later (in 2008) we ran the race. While he finished in some absurd time ... 1 hour 30 minutes (!), it took me over SEVEN! If you look closesly at my knees, you will see "bulges" of pain! It took me nearly 6 months to recover. Before you ask, YES, I did do lots of training! I wore bright yellow by the way so I could be spotted in the dark - lest I finish in over 10 hours!

The day was bizarre! The weather was crazy and I nearly gave up five times ... but sheer bloody-minded determination, encouragement from the crowds and a bag full of painkillers ensured I finished!

ANYWAY - I am pleased to announce that Paul and I are going to run the New York Marathon in 2012! We have not chosen the charity yet ... but ... I am quite excited as I can start training slowly and build up over 18 months!

To celebrate our decision, we nearly guzzled a WHOLE bottle of Tokaji (I can't shake Hungary) ... maybe we will leave that for October 2012. Of course, you are ALL invited to watch, cheer or even join us! Go on ...

p.s. although looking quite wild, I looked quite fit & healthy then! hmmm ...
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv