Monday 2 August 2010

Greetings from the delightful Auberge Saint-Antoine - a hotel in the city of Quebec in Canada.

Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday dear Diary ... Happy Birthday to You! Yes - 500 entries today! Wow! And not ONE day has been missed since I started up the "Daily Diary" ... well, 500 days ago!

It's been a very long day. I left home at 0330 to catch the early flight from Heathrow to Toronto and from there it was a short hop to Quebec. I was VERY impressed by Toronto Airport - clean & tidy, efficient and most importantly friendly.

I do love being in Canada ... it's a lot like Scotland and New Zealand ... the only other two countries I think I could live in. Lots of wonderful scenery, cuisine ... and people!

In fact, the last time I was in Canada was in Vancouver when I popped over to the Sonora Resort ... ahhhh ... the lovely memories ...

The language here in Quebec is French ... I apologise in advance to the people of Quebec (& France) as over the next few days I will decimate the language in what can only be described as "pidgin French" ... more like "Franglais" ...

Song of the Day: Thriller - Michael Jackson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ_ExkfcBao&playnext=1&videos=vTb1sR17iuM&feature=featured

Weather: Warm ... & Sunny ...
The traditional crew photo ...
Happy Days as I arrive in Canada ...
I want one!
Dinner at "the crazy little piggy" in Quebec!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv