Thursday 12 August 2010

After yesterday, I was hoping for a MUCH better day ... and I am pleased to say, I got it!

It has been raining for much of the day but the temperature has dropped to a much more manageable 75 degrees!

SO - up early, Starbucks and then shopping all morning! Actually received a few "thank yous" and a "you're welcome" - which was quite pleasing. I love walking around 5th Avenue ... and even popped into The Peninsula and Four Seasons (for lunch). The afternoon was more shopping and a massage.

Dinner was a truly wonderful affair at Gilt - the 2-Michelin restaurant in The New York Palace (those older folk may remember that Le Cirque used to be in this hotel too). The service at Gilt was faultless ... and the cuisine inventive and rather tasty. Started with hamachi sashimi .. followed by a lobster dish. Then dessert ... tiramisu and a knickerblocker glory! Next year I am going to cook with the chef Justin Bogle on the show ... I can't wait!

SO - the hotel. My darling friend Julia Record who used to do my PR now looks after the Dorchester Collection. The group has hotels in LA, Paris, Milan ... London and NYC ...

The Palace is rather different to the others. It has 899 rooms and suites ... HUGE! I am staying in The Towers ... in the top 14 of this 54 floor building.

My suite is on the 45th floor with views over St Patrick's Cathedral ... 5th Avenue ... Rockefeller Centre ... lovely!

I am off home tomorrow - Toronto ... then London. I am tired ... I need a rest!

Song of the Day: Ain't that a Kick in the Head - Dean Martin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62x-3uVxMLQ

Weather: Cool











 
blogger template powered by fraktiv