Wednesday 21 July 2010

Yes, yes, I am one day behind!

So this is all about yesterday. Well at least you can say "phew! I am pleased that didn't happen today"!

I am staying at The Glasshouse on Leith Street. It has 65 bedrooms including 17 suites ... a recommendation from Julia Record - who is now head of PR at The Dorchester Collection - but WAS my PR! How I miss her ...

ANYWAY - good choice Jules! It's quite contemporary unlike most luxury hotels in Edinburgh.

I am in the Glen Moray Suite ... overlooking St Paul's & St George's Church ... also I can see the Forth of Firth AND The Hills of Fife ... and I am just 3 minutes away from Princes Street.

I have a HUGE balcony ... it's lovely on a sunny day, as it was yesterday (but not today).

There's no restaurant or spa here ... but there is one just 2 minutes away at sister-hotel The Scotsman (where there is a fabulous restaurant and a swimming pool).

The General Manager of both hotels Daniel Pereira is a lovely chap and his interview on the rooftop garden at The Glasshouse was one of the best I have conducted ...

In the evening James and I went to the cinema next door to watch "Predators" ... it was a romp of blood & gore ... Adrien Brodie ... really???!!!

I will be back on track with the diary this weekend I promise!

Song of the Day: Keep on Running - Spencer Davis Group
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAdottB7UU8

Weather: Horrible ... but lovely on Wednesday!




GM interview
With Scotsman's Exec Chef - Spencer Wilson

 
blogger template powered by fraktiv