Monday 26 July 2010

I was thinking about my favourite past-times today. Golf, swimming, pooch-walking, cigar, whisky ... travel ...? Hmm ... then I realised that I forgot one major "hobby" ... food. So I have cooked and will be cooking, with some of the greatest chefs on Earth: Robouchon, Fairlie, Trotter, Cruz, Kocchar, Puck ... to name a few ... but I have yet to master the art of making toast ... or tea ... or even breakfast cereal. It's not for want of trying ... it's just, I can't do it.

I digress -- pies. I have always HATED pies of any kind: chicken, vegetable, fish (yuk) ... cheese & onion ... yik.

A couple years ago, a very dear Kiwi friend took me out for a pie on my birthday. It was revolting. It looked like a cat had regurgitated fur-balls into dry pastry ... and it tasted like that too.

Kurt explained that in his homeland, pie-eating was part of life. So last year on the North Island, I tried one of these "amazing" pies ... and you know, it was! Potato, onion and cheese! It was heavenly ...

Anyway, this evening I munched a pie (it was either that or Gemima's anti-arthritis biscuits) and it tasted vile. Moral of this diary entry: travel more and NEVER eat pies unless you are in New Zealand.

Song of the Day: Goldigger - Kanye West & Jamie Foxx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vwNcNOTVzY

Weather: Ahhhh! Sunny .....!

bleugh
pumpkin pie eeeee - bleugh
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv