Friday 16 July 2010

I am feeling a wee feeble this evening. It could be due to the fact that I have supped a huge amount of whisky (in the name of work, of course) or all these large meals are finally catching up with me OR I am swimming every day!

Anyway - up early to find that it was raining - HEAVILY! Yuk ...

Room review first ... then we headed off to Alness (around 30 minutes away) to Dalmore - home of a wonderful whisky distillery. I drove ...

Dalmore was founded in 1839 by the Matheson family. It was bought by the Mackenzie clan in 1886 and now is part of the UB drinks giant. I met with Ian Mackay - the distillery manager - who expertly took me round Dalmore - explaining the process. I was in HEAVEN but we had to drive back to Dornoch to taste two whiskies ... the King Alexander III and the 40 year old (£1250 a bottle) ... I LOVE WHISKY so drank rather a lot! The PR for Dalmore - Jill Inglis - was on hand to ensure that I didn't polish off the 40 year old in one go ...! I did try!

On the 15th April, Dalmore sold a single bottle of the 1962 for a whopping £32,000! HUGE!

Dinner was a rather tasty and healthy barbecue!

Busy day tomorrow too!

Song of the Day: Cry Me a River - Justin Timberlake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mu8MrCR5pQ

Weather: I give up!

Jimmy being all arty!
The flag flies ...!

Ian Mackay ... in a barrel store ... I am a happy puppy!
Yum!
The 40 year old AND the King Alexander III
Jill tries to take the 40 year old off me! Nay!
The resident gorgeous pup - AC
The eye of the storm!

Hot water bottles! It's cold in Scotland you know!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv