Thursday 22 July 2010

I am home!!

I left Edinburgh quite late in the evening and in the words of Roy Orbison, "drove all night". There is something quite cathartic about driving at night. Eight hours of me time ...

I even rang one of those late night music shows on the radio to get a song played ... (as below) ...

What a GREAT last day in Scotland's capital city. The weather was VERY miserable but it only rained in the afternoon after we had filmed the Castle. Phew! With top guide/historian (and ex-nuclear power station technician) Jonathan Brown we explored the Castle ... complete with stories of evil kings (aged 9) who murdered playmates (Tim, again, not those kinds of "playmates"). The highlights of the tour - being one of just 500 or so people to be allowed into the bowels of David's Tower (the original part of the castle) and standing right behind the 1 o'clock gun as is fired! Booooom!

In the afternoon we headed to the National Gallery of Scotland - one of my favourites in the world. With the lovely curator Dr Frances Fowle, I was given an expert out-of-hours tour of the galleries and some of my favourite pieces by Van Gogh, Cezanne, Rodin, Canova, Degas, Raeburn ... a fabulous way to end my tour of Scotland.

I LOVE SCOTLAND!

Not one mozzie or midge bite! Ha!

Song of the Day: Fury - Prince (just awesome)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV9fO1pVcsk

Weather: Sunny and then not so Sunny ...

In David's Tower! Spooky! James II was evil here ...
Ready for the BIG BANG!
Puppy cemetry ... lovely Jonathan in front of enormous cannon
Mr Brown
With Frances and THE Raeburn ..
My favourite photo from Scotland - about to tee off from the 16th at the Carnegie Golf Club ... heaven!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv