Sunday 18 July 2010

T'was an early start from Dornoch as we headed to Cromarty. Usually there's a ferry from Nigg over the Cromarty Firth but it was not running today so we drove.

I met up with the lovely Sarah Pern from EcoVentures who took me out on her rib ... into the Moray Firth and the North Sea. The weather was STUNNING ... and very soon we came across a pod of bottlenose dolphins. Gorgeous. Now on this trip you can see seals, birds, dolphins and even sometimes whales ... and it's a must on any trip to these parts.

Back at Dornoch, I met up with Lindsay Mackay, this property's Executive Chef ... we talked haute cuisine and barbecue ... he taught me much ...

Finally - the last piece to film - the golf course. While it is Championship standard, it only gets 3000 rounds played on it a year. I love this course BUT I really, really love it for the last three holes - the most memorable final holes to any course I have played in the world ...

Today, I played rather well ... despite distractions!

Tomorrow, I am off to Edinburgh ...

Song of the Day: I Don't Want to Dance - Eddie Grant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpC_DzjyPM0

Weather: Topsy-turvy

Lovely Sarah
Off we go ...
One Tree Hill
My dear friend Peter
A bottlenose dolphin
My crew
The greenhouse
Chef Lindsay (spot the Peter and AC)
my new Tartan trousers!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv