Sunday 4 July 2010

Greetings from home!!

I have slept for the 20 of the past 24 hours! Will explain why later.

The flight home was just 6 hours ... and I flew Virgin from Newark! What an airport ... no queues, no stress, no trouble ... it was an incredible experience compared to the hellish, stressful, woeful excuse of an airport - JFK that is ...

So after getting back to the Four Seasons rather late/early ... had breakfast with lovely Gloria and the hotel General Manager, Christoph Schmidinger. As a rather pleasant treat he let me look around the Presidential Suite ... a 360 degree affair ... on the 52nd floor of the hotel! AWESOME!
After that - with Amanda (the Style Bible goddess) - I went shopping! Everything was on sale ... it was a heavenly morning in FAO Schwarz, Tod's, Bloomies ... and more.

I had lunch at the wonderful Fives at The Peninsula Hotel with my dear friend Tricia Rosentreter (hotel PR) ... and then hit the shopping streets yet again!

Amanda and I had mani & pedis, Joomba juices (?) and Bananas ...

Sadly, Amanda and I parted ways and I hooked up with my darling NYC-friende Catey.

We started with drink at the Salon de Ning at The Peninsula ... an outside space with stunning views! It was cocktail heaven ...

Then pizza at Serafina ... the best pizzeria in the Upper East!

Dessert + moscato was with top chef, Craig Hopson at Le Cirque.

Then - awesome fun - 3 hours of ping-pong (table tennis) at Spin - which is owned by Susan Sarandon. Loud music, whisky, ping-pong and much merriment.

After my 4th heart-attack we headed to Bar & Books for a cigar and more whisky until it was finally time (4 am) for a sad farewell to Catey AND New York.

What a past few days it has been. Possibly the best I have ever had in this much-frequented city! I think I averaged 3 hours sleep in 4 nights! Ha! Still some life left in this old dawg ...

Editing this week! Back to earth with a bump ....

Song of the Day: Weather with You - Crowded House
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIb6I8gtgtw

Weather: AWESOME & SUNNY!

Stylebible.com supremo Amanda
Four Seasons GM Christoph Schmidinger on the 52nd floor balcony!
The view
With my body double at FAO Schwarz

Catey "Spins" me round!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv