Wednesday 13 June 2012

Day 4 - Marrakesh, Morocco - La Mamounia


It's been a VERY strange day for me ...


Usually we are up & out filming early in the day... but for the first time in my memory, I did not actually stand in front of camera on a "filming day".


We were meant to be hot air ballooning BUT due to adverse conditions, this was cancelled  ... and the boys are filming the city this afternoon ... so ... what is a man (me'ish) to do?


Well, thankfully, I was invited for a two hour spa treatment (the Royal) that was quite special ... one hour of hamam - exfoliation, black soap, olive oil rubs ... steam room ... and a one hour massage after that where I was rubbed with argan & rose cream! I smell like the perfume counter at Harvey Nichols!


I then had a fabulous lunch with General Manager Didier Picquot ... at L'Italien by Don Alfonso ... the multi-award winning chef from the Amalfi Coast has a restaurant here at La Mamounia. The lunch was delicious, the company fabulous AND the wine was superb ... a Domaine de Trevallon 2008 (my favourite).


Foreign wine here is VERY expensive ... think one bottle in Paris is Euros 20 ... the same bottle would be 200 Euros here! Tax ...!


I WILL be filming tomorrow!!
An empty bottle of Trevallon ... and cigar!

Didier ... 
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv