Sunday 10 June 2012

Day 1 - Marrakesh, Morocco - La Mamounia


Greetings from Marrakesh.


I fly a lot ... and today something happened that has not before. I dropped off to sleep almost immediately we left London Gatwick. I awoke after about an hour not knowing where I was ...


I had just had a terrible dream that the airplane crashed and I had not got the chance to tell the people I love just how much I love them. I had tears in my eyes when I awoke ... and I think the lady next to me thought I was ... odd ...


Hmm ... anyway ... I am here ... or should I say I am back ... at La Mamounia ... just a 10 minute drive from the airport. The flight was just over 3 hours in length ... memorable though for all the wrong reasons.


I have checked into a lovely signature suite overlooking the gardens and pool ... two bedrooms ... so ornate and just so beautiful ... I never have I felt so alone.


I am off for a swim with Jack then dinner with Tim ... have an early start tomorrow.


 The pool at La Mamounia is legendary ...
Calm before a storm ...
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv