Saturday 3 December 2011

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh! That’s the hurricane-like wind that has been blowing a hoolie all day here in Cape Town. While it has made filming a wee tough, watching the clouds tumble over Table Mountain is breathtaking.

Awoke early and zoomed off to The Old Biscuit Mill – around 20 minutes from the hotel. Here I met with Cameron Munroe who runs the “Fresh Produce and Design” section of this old mill now market ... on a Saturday, this is THE place to come and shop ... meet friends and eat delicious food ...

I tried some fabulous South African port, stunning sausage and wonderful LOCAL buffalo mozzarella ... where the producers imported Australian buffaloes to make this wonderful, fresh and tasty cheese! Yum!

It was a lovely way to spend a morning and The Mill is a must-visit – at least on a Saturday morning.

Back to the hotel – 329 bedrooms, pool, spa (I had a mani/pedi this evening!), restaurants and amazing views!

I cooked a couple of dishes with the Chef de Cuisine – the affable & talented Donavin Dodds ... we cooked a lamb dish with a fresh local vegetable ragout and a king-prawn with Marie-Rose ... I know, I know ... a 1970’s dish ... but Donavin added some brandy to give it a different oomph!

The day ended in a delightful way – seeing dear friends ... I love this part of my travels ... thank you for visiting me guys ...
 The mist-covered Table Mountain


 Terry - the meat man!

 Donavin Dodds
The Table Bay PR lady ... of 14 years!!!! ... lovely Sarah Prins
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv