Friday 2 December 2011

Greetings from Cape Town.

Arrived mid-morning after a long flight ... I would like to say that the service on SAA was superb, the cuisine tasty, the wines delicious and the in-flight entertainment exciting but I can’t as I slept for over NINE hours (in a nice comfy bed it has to be added)... missing meals, movies, champagne and hot towels! The boys – however – did enjoy their flight! I will try and stay awake on the way home ...

We picked up our rather smart BMWs at the airport and zipped for 30 minutes to the Table Bay Hotel ... which looks up at the mountain and out to the Ocean. It’s quite an enormous sight!

First up, the boys picked up some footage of the hotel ... then we met up with “tea sommelier” Mingwei Tsai ... he gave me a masterclass on tea – did you know that – for instance – green tea should ONLY be drunk at 80 degrees or the properties are not properly released? Bergamot is a type of lemon? The teas were paired with pastries – expertly put together by the wonderful pastry chef here at the hotel – Anita Van Tonder ... cherries and dark chocolate “work” with green tea ... tiramisu with Early Grey ... !

Early dinner and some sleep is in order!

The weather is glorious – although rather windy.

I can tell I am not 100% - I missed packing at least a dozen items in my luggage including jeans, a razor and spare hankies! I am using tissue paper (albeit man-size!) – UGH!

p.s. I can see seals sitting in the sun from my balcony ... and up-close "hello/ork" is in order!

"HELLO CAPE TOWN"!

Mingwei
Anita
View from my Presidential Suite ... :)
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv