Monday 5 December 2011

Greetings from Constantia Uitsig ... where I have just had a wonderful dinner at La Colombe ... one of the most well-known restaurants in South Africa.

It's been a long ... but lovely day!
Up early and drove the 5 kms to Moreson - a wine farm that is part of the Le Quartier Francais "empire" in Franschhoek. We were set to do some filming at "Bread & Wine". First up, I played with Congo - the affable and inquisitive cat ...
I then learnt how to prepare saucisson from the head chef and "amateur" chacutier ... Neil Jewell. It was fun! And it was yum!
Then I learnt how to make bread with his delightful wife - Tina Jewell. This was GREAT fun! As you can see, I took it VERY seriously! I am so pleased that today I have learnt two new skills ... and I will use them ... when I have time!

After a lovely lunch, I did some wine tasting with the wine-maker at Moreson - Clayton Reabow. The chardonnay is quite outstanding.
My drive ... drove to Constantia ... it took around 2 hours ... too much traffic ...
Kissing a reindeer!

The wonderful Le Quartier Francais

Lots of filming tomorrow ... then home ...
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv