Tuesday 27 December 2011

I am not big on birthdays. I used to be and then realised that too many candles on a cake - after a certain age - becomes just embarrassing.

I like giving presents but I am not so good receiving them ...

ANYWAY - I have just been sent - anonymously - a brand new iPad2 ... 32 Gb ... with added go-faster stripes ... for my birthday which erm - falls this week. There are several things wrong here: the anonymity ... it's a crunchy fruit - whose brand I actually dislike ... I have just taken delivery a brand new super-duper laptop (I am a PC) ... I don't like "tablets" ... I don't know how to use it ... erm ... and it's engraved with the words "to be used for ... only". Publicly, I am shocked and amazed by this gift ... inwardly, I am intrigued and quite blushy about it!

By the way - there is an initial - presumably from the sender - that sits after the above engraving ... it's a mystery that will keep me "up" for nights!

Oh ... and yes, I have asked around ... and there have been many, many denials ... and there's no senders address ... so all in all ... unless the "cloud" is lifted ... THANK YOU to whoever sent this to me! Whether I ever learn how to or indeed ever use it is a very different matter!

Next stop in 2011 was Hong Kong where The Peninsula Hotel gave me a runaround to zip through the city streets in ...

It was a Mini-adventure :)
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv