Wednesday 28 December 2011

Oh dear. A bottle of Chateau Batailley 2004 (Pauillac) has just passed my lips ... and erm - I am finally in the true Christmas "spirit"!

Why is there so much Charles Dickens, Jane Austen and Thomas Hardy on television? It's getting quite annoying ... more Charles Bronson please ... and Homer Simpson ... of course!

So - my next trip in 2011 was to Wolfsburg in Germany - home of Autostadt (the VW HQ), an awesome Ritz-Carlton hotel run by the lovely Edith Gerhardt ... and Aqua - a 3-Michelin starred restaurant ... run by the fabulous chef Sven Elverfeld. The hotel is BRILLIANT ... the restaurant is SUPERB and ... ah ... I have GREAT memories! Oh - and later in the year I cooked with Sven for my Culinary Travels show AND he sent me his cookbook last week ... which is a treat!!!

 
blogger template powered by fraktiv