Tuesday 6 December 2011

"Every time I say goodbye, I cry a little ..."

Well, time to say farewell to Cape Town and indeed South Africa ... for just a few months at least. We are back in 2012 to film in J'burg and yet another fabulous African safari.

We arrived late last evening at Constantia Uitsig -- a fabulous wine estate/cricket ground/hotel/spa just outside Cape Town. There are just 16 bedrooms here ... and one of the most fabulous restaurants in the world - La Colombe.

The Head Chef - Scot Kirton - had us round for a superb meal last night in the restaurant and this morning I learnt how to prepare a awesome scallops/pork-belly dish followed by a panna cotta dessert. Yum! We had fun!

I then did some wine tasting with the wine-maker here at the estate - Andre Rousseau. Three wines ... sparkling, white and red ... AND now I feel rather sleepy ...!

OK - well - that is IT for 2011!!!! We have finished filming for the year and this also means that we have to say good-bye to James. After three years of being polite, kind, thoughtful and obviously working as a runner/production assistant/second cameraman & decoy (!) - he is off to seek fame & fortune ... which I suspect will come in a matter of day & weeks ... Tim & I will miss him.

So we fly tonight and tomorrow will wake up in London ... from where I fly to Nice ... then to Cannes ... for a travel show ...

ADIEU SOUTH AFRICA

FAREWELL JAMES ... !

James .... ahhhh .... 
 Signature dish ...
 Scot

Andre
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv