Monday 31 October 2011

I fear that I am turning into an alcoholic.

By 0900 I had supped a Dom Perignon 2002, a Bollinger and a vintage Pommery rose ...

By 1100 a smooth gin cocktail had entered my bloodstream

By 1500 I had added a couple of reds - a Craggy Range from NZ ... and a sensational Bordeaux ...

By 1900 I had quaffed more champagne and red wine ... with some whisky ...

Oh dear!

OK - so - the champagne tasting was done in GILT - the hotel's swish bar ... Michele Caggianese was my tutor! He loves his champagnes!

To the main bar at the Rib Room where Head Barman Saverio Vicari made a couple of the signature cocktails ... gin and bitters are a specialty here.

In the afternoon we headed to The Ritz where we filmed a fabulous feature on game birds with the Executive Chef John Williams - ten minutes of highly entertaining television I promise ...

One day to go of London filming!

With Katherine Gordon from the Jumeirah Carlton Tower - thank you for looking after me!
We don't look HAPPY - but we are - it IS 0900 and we have been slurping wonderful wines.
Saverio - the Gin Man
The happiest chef alive - John Williams at The Ritz


Ritz chips ... yum!
The Adorable Amber Aldred - the PR at The Ritz
One of the most beautiful dining rooms in the world - at The Ritz ... anyone want to have dinner with me here?
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv