Saturday 15 October 2011

I didn't sleep very well last night ... something to do with maximising my enjoyment of this suite. I found myself wandering around it at 3 in the morning marvelling at its beauty. That has not happened to me for a mighty long time. Don't get me wrong - ALL the suites I stay in are special ... but this one is the greatest in India and I doubt I will ever get to stay here again - in my lifetime ... so I am squeezing every moment out of it ...

So - up rather early again - to go and visit the Jiva Spa in nearly Wellington Mews ... Taj has some serviced apartments there and this awesome Spa. The pool on the top floor has quite special views.

From there it was onto the Arabian Sea to capture the hotel and the Gateway on film ... the water is awfully dirty for the first 30 metres or so ... then it becomes quite clean. Tim refused to go for a dip ... how disappointing!

From there it was to the Harbour Bar to meet with Mr T Mistry - who has been working there for over 30 years! He taught me how to make the hotel's signature cocktail - "From the Harbour since 1933" ... it is made with Tanqueray Gin, Peach liqueur, pineapple and cranberry juices ... followed with flambeed Chatreuse! The cocktail was created in 1933 for two American sailors who were celebrating the end of Prohibition in the USA ... and the drink was named by them!

Mr Mistry is fabulous!

Now - astrology - you either believe in it or not! I do. The hotel has a resident astrologer - Padmaraj ... also known as Kannan. A few days ago he took my birth date and time of birth and today told me what my future holds ... in a very "big & wide" sense. It's up to me which paths I take but it's there for the taking. It's all good ... but if there was bad, it's all there too! Astrology was used by the Ancient Greeks and Romans ... and it's NOT religious ... anyway ... it was fun!

Another fabulous day at The Taj Mahal Palace ...no sleep again tonight I can imagine ... !



 Hi Poochie


 We drink here
 Dancing with the adorable and wonderful and fabulous hotel PR - Nikhila
 Mr Kannan
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv