Wednesday 12 October 2011

I am on the 32nd floor of the Four Seasons hotel in Mumbai! There is a HUGE thunderstorm raging outside my windows and I am listening to Rhapsody in Blue and drinking fresh pineapple juice! What a moment ...

My BlackBerry is constipated ... and has not been well ... I hear it's a worldwide issue ...

So today was educational. We first headed to the ex-Prince of Wales Museum ... now called ... Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya ... phew! It was built in 1906 and was used as a hospital until the end of WW1 when it returned to its original purpose ... as a Museum for Indian artefacts. There are 60,000 in this STUNNING building!

I interviewed the very knowledgeable Bilwa Kulkarni - the museum's Education Officer. She took me around the "miniature painting" exhibit ... it was quite interesting. Yes - this museum is worth a visit!

The afternoon was filming crazy -- shots of lovely Mumbai -- the Dhobi Ghat, the Chowpaty Beach, Haji Ali, the once called Victoria Terminus ... now called Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus ...!

This evenings filming has been cancelled (rain stopped play) ... I am now going to sit in the dark and watch the storm!

By the way, I had one of the best meals in India EVER last night ... San-Qi at this hotel ... fabulous!!!! We check-out tomorrow ... sad ...


The Museum
The God Varuna with his consort! I joke not ...
Bilwa




 
blogger template powered by fraktiv