Saturday 29 October 2011

Greetings from the Jumeirah Carlton Tower - here in lovely London!

It's been a looooooooooooong day ... and Tim believes that we have filmed more today than any other day in the ten years we have worked together.

Sadly checked out of 45 Park Lane early in the morning but we headed up to Davidoff on St James. Here I spent a glorious couple of hours with Eddie Sahakian (proprietor) talking after-dinner cigars. Then Alexandre Quintin - brand ambassador for Remy Martin - jumped into the hot-seat ... and MADE me taste Louis XIII cognac! It was so tough - cigars and fine cognac! Ha! What a life ...

From there, we headed to Wilton's which was founded in 1742. It's a superb restaurant on Jermyn Street that is a London institution ... fabulous food and wines ...

I cooked with Head Chef Andrew Turner .... three dishes ... a) lobster thermidor b) grouse c) Eton tidy (Eton mess that was tidy!) ... and then a cheese & wine piece with the restaurant manager and Sommelier ...

I am just tired tonight ... so it's sleep ... after a wee dance around my suite ... ha! Moves like Jagger ....! Ha!

Last night, two of the loves of my life - Adorable Julia and Darling Jen sent me this photo - taken in LA at the Beverly Wilshire ... I was SO jealous ... BUT
at that moment, while I was enjoying a fantastic dinner at CUT - the Wolfgang Puck signature restaurant at 45 Park Lane - when my dear friend Radha Arora (ex-Beverly Wilshire in LA ... now Rosewood Hotels) walked past! What cuddles we had! Ahhhhhhhhhh!
Cigar at 0900 ...
With the brilliant and delightful Eddie Sahakian ...
Alexandre and the Louis XIII
Yes - I am a wee squiffy on VERY expensive cognac! 1030 hrs!
Wilton's of Jermyn Street
Enri Cesarato (Sommelier), Vincent Goyon (Restaurant Manager), lovely Lina Trakymaite, James Grant (General Manager) ...
Chef Andrew Turner ... I think we were supping a 2002 Bollinger Rose ... yes we were!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv