Monday 23 May 2011

The sun is setting slowly over the Pacific ... I am 1200 feet above the Ocean ... there is a bank of cloud level with my suite ... which should roll in later ... my outdoor hot-tub is at 104 ... so I must be brief ... or I will miss the "flash" as the sun dips under ...

SO - The Post Ranch Inn ... AWESOME - BRILLIANT - FABULOUS - FANTASTIC ...

40 rooms - 10 on the North Ridge built in 2008 ... and 20 on the South Ridge built in 1992 ... I have a new Pacific Suite. 100 square metres in area ... recycled wood from redwood wine vats clad the walls ... hot water produced from solar panels on my roof ... recycled metal makes up the lamps ... furniture made on site ... a hand-made hot-tub ... real wood fireplace ... deep sunken bath ... no television ... lots of music ...

AND my favourite view in America ...

Each guestroom is named after a luminary from the Big Sur ... mine is named after an author & musician.

When I filmed here a decade ago, I met with Billy Post - who sadly passed away in 2009. I found a wonderful article that tells the story of the hotel ... and the wonderful Post family ... http://www.carmelmagazine.com/archive/07sp/post-ranch-inn.shtml

Today I spent the day with Soaring Starkey - who knows more about the Inn than anyone. She is a very ethereal and lovely lady...

Also with Mike Freed, the co-founder of PRI ... a lovelier chap would be hard to find.

We took so many photos ... only a few below.

A truly amazing hotel ...

My Kingdom (just for a couple of days!)
Hot-tub (time machine! haha)
Mike Freed


Wonderful Soaring


Solar panels (for electricity)
Yes - that IS me working out!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv