Sunday 22 May 2011

Greetings from The Post Ranch Inn, Big Sur ... one my "Top Ten" hotels in the world ... situated at one of my "top ten" locations in the world!

The view from my suite is simply breathtaking ... more on that tomorrow.

The last 24 hours have been just fabulous. I love my job primarily because of the people (& animals) I meet ... and what a treat I have had.

Sunset last night at The Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay. We checked out this morning ... we had a wonderful time and the staff & the property itself are magnificent.
The lovely Erin Lim - the on-property PR ... she is also an expert in all things baseball ... http://www.urbanbaseballchick.com/
We had access to the Club Floor where we were "mothered" by Dani Bocchi. It is worth spending the extra pennies to upgrade to the Club Floor in Ritz-Carlton properties - especially with staff like Dani ...
Last night we all sat around one of the fire-pits, watching the sun setting, the piper bagpiping (well almost) and I met Molly the King Charles Spaniel -- who just needed permanent cuddling!

This morning we headed to Pescadero - 20 minutes south of the resort to meet with Dee from Harley Farms. This farm is famous for its goats. She started the business without knowing anything about goats and now she breeds milking goats and then produces everything from cheese to fantastic spa products from the milk. Harley Farms is a source of goats cheese ricotta for the RC resort's ravioli dish ... and now a source for some of my spa products! Yum!
This is 12-year old Doggy. This gorgeous pooch and his sister were abused by a horrid man for 9 years. Dee took them on and nursed them back to health. Sadly, his sister passed away BUT Doggy - although shy & timid - is now a loving and happy member of the Harley family. I fed him some of my ravioli ... I made a friend there!
Dee has also adopted several kittens who live with the baby goats (kids) or in the house ... and share food & water ...
Dee has over 100 milking goats ... who love visitors. The Farm is a tourist attraction ... and when we went in to say hello, the goats became very curious and molested Tim, his camera and also his clothes. How we laughed!
They also pooped on my shoes and tried eating my Robert Graham shorts and shirt! No-one laughed but goats have good taste! ha!
This goat decided that she wanted Tim's job ... she was promptly hired ...
I am lactose intolerant and I was VERY pleased when Joey the resident chef cooked up a ricotta pizza for lunch. Yum!
Caramel is the Boss of the Farm. What she says ... goes!
This kitten explored our crew van ...
and tried hiding in a computer bag! Cheeky!
Dee - a thoroughly wonderful person - who cares about people and animals ... in equal measure. She makes my job just so special.
Oh and I got to cuddle this baby goat who bleated happily and kissed & licked my face! Memory moment ...
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv