Sunday 1 May 2011

A chapter in my life closed today.

Two years ago while staying/filming at the awesome Sonora Resort in Canada, I caught an 18 pound salmon. I have only caught two fish in TWELVE years of fishing on the show and the first was at Sonora. I have been living out on the "one that didn't get away" story for months now. The boys are sick of it!

Anyway, I had the salmon smoked  in Vancouver and sent over in packets ... and I finished the last one today (yes - you CAN freeze smoked salmon for 18 months). I cooked (!) some scrambled egg ... and paired it with a fabulous Billecart-Salmon, Brut, Rosé Vintage ... yum, yum AND yum ...

Ah ... Sonora ... the memories ... the lovely people, the lovely pooches ... the amazing vistas ... ahhhh ... love-ly ... 
With Jeff Rowsell - Mr Fisherman - and THE fish!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv