Thursday 30 December 2010

THANK YOU for all the very kind birthday wishes that I received today. Before the days of Facebook, Linkedin etc, I was lucky to get a dozen cards ... now I get a dozen cards PLUS a couple of hundred messages from friends & family from all over the world. I am a very, VERY lucky boy ... well ... man ... well ... almost pensioner (haha).

I am back at my desk! Yipeee! I have a laptop (PC) ... and from now on, it will go EVERYWHERE with me.

SO - I have had a lovely day with friends & family - eating, drinking, remembering and occasionally making merry. I miss the ones I love - who I can't see/don't see due to geography and other circumstances - and birthdays and this time of year generally tends to bring all these memories out. I must admit to shedding a tear or two today. Hey ho ...

By the way, I was swamped with whisky, cigars and wine as gifts! I am a content birthday boy (man etc)

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve ... my liver needs a holiday.
my wonderful Papa - who has put up with me all these years!
my dearest friend Tim ... we have put up with each other for years!
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv