Monday 6 December 2010

My home in Cannes

First thing first: http://blog.leica-camera.com/just-for-fun/viva-varun-where-is-he-now-13/

SO - I am now in the South of France. The flight from Boston was painless - under 6 hours and the transition to the Nice flight was easy (Terminal 5 and my luggage did NOT get lost) and I arrived here in time for lunch! Le Mas Candille, Cannes is a delightful Relais & Chateaux just outside the city in a wonderful hillside location. The cuisine was rather tasty ... I must stay there one day ...

It's ILTM week - International Luxury Travel Market ... lots of drinking and working.

I am staying down on La Croisette - the main thoroughfare here in Cannes. I am sleeping at The Carlton - the famous hotel on the strip. It's rather - um - rundown. It does still have some amazing original features but I am not sure it's "world class" ... anyway ...

The weather is TERRIBLE! Cold and windy and wet ... brrrrrr .... ah well - 3 days of this, then home! Yay!
the famous exterior ... Cannes Film Festival?

 
blogger template powered by fraktiv