Thursday 9 September 2010

The Leica blog is back up! A last! Yay! http://blog.leica-camera.com/

Greetings from the Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort ...

It's always sad to wave farewell to a property and I genuinely was when bidding adieu to Desert Island this morning. As I mentioned yesterday, without exception, the staff were brilliant! I can't help feeling that there was something quite not quite right about my experience ... I can't quite put my finger on it ... but I have an "itch" that just won't go away ...

ANYWAY - it was a 2.5 hour drive to my new home. It was a very dull drive ... James & I played "i spy" all the way ... and "i spy with my little eye, something beginning with "s"" became dull after a while as the answer was ALWAYS ... sand! Tim tried to butt in with "silt" but he lost.

SO - I have just had an awesome Arabian oil massage from Aum in the spa. I feel all relaxed.

I have a 3-bedroom villa here ... for just me ... with a private pool ... for just me ... There is something quiet lovely going for a dip at all times of day (even 3 am) by yourself ... and the air is hotter than the water!

No dinner for me as I have an early start filming the property ... meaning that breakfast is just around the corner.

The property is managed by Anantara and if the staff is as lovely as the other place ... this just maybe THE best property in the UAE ... if not Middle East.

I am purposely not describing the setting ... I am leaving that for tomorrow!

I LOVE IT HERE!

Song of the Day: Living on the Ceiling - Blancmange
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO3PJeB38dI

Weather: Guess! ... Go on ...!

Stay different friends ...

proof
the entrance to the qasr
the qasr
are they ... or aren't they ...? real that is ...
 
blogger template powered by fraktiv